Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy Bees

Well, I did something last week I probably won't be doing for the remainder of my pregnancy and that would be working five nights in a row! Yikes! I was scheduled for three nights and picked up two, silly me but I figure I should work while I feel good. Anyways...up until now, besides my big gut and the little kicks I almost forget I'm pregnant but working five nights this week reminded me that my body is not my own and to slow down a bit. I had been rather proud of the fact that I hadn't had any swelling in my hands and feet and ankles so far, especially with the heat but being on my feet last week just tore me up! My right ankle is so messed up from previous injuries and it's swollen I feel like I can barely walk on it. My ankles are not the best, probably because during my "athletic years" I sprained them at least once every sport season and then I have flat feet which doesn't help my cause! Oh well, a bum ankle is something I can handle and have handled before...in a few days I'll forget all about it.

This weekend was busy but fun. I worked both nights but on Sunday Matt told me to be ready by 9:30 for the day. He took Jackson and I out for breakfast and then we headed to Grand Rapids to a Baby R Us and Toys R Us and bought some baby stuff. We got three cute pink Tigers outfits for next summer, a pink Cubs hat, and a coming home from the hospital newborn outfit. Oh, I forgot how small babies are! We also bought some of baby girl's bedding. It's such a cute ladybug print....although it's pretty girlie girl but I figure it's the only girl we are going to have. Jackson enjoyed our adventure and we got lunch at Olive Garden before heading home and heading to work.

Sunday we caught the early service of church and dropped Jackson off with my mom and dad for the day. Matt and I had the Crazy Horse picnic at Michigan's Adventure yesterday. It was pretty fun although a little hard to do anything when you're pregnant. I originally had planned on doing some of the water rides because my doc said it would be alright but I couldn't go through with it. I decided to be safe and not spend the rest of my pregnancy wondering if the trip down the water slide messed with the baby at all! The signs posted even said the "lazy river" wasn't recommended for pregnant women but I ignored that because that's just an insane statement! We had a really nice day being away from our regular Sunday routine and it was gorgeous outside so it was nice to enjoy the sun. After Michigan's Adventure we headed to my grandparents in Jenison to pick Jackson up from a get together. It was nice to see everyone momentarily. We basically had to eat and run because Jackson was in sensory overload. He doesn't do well with big groups of people and unknown places. It was unfortunate for us but the second he was in the car he was a new little man, laughing, and playing with mommy. What a stinker!

So that was our busy weekend! Matt is off work for the week so we are hoping to get lots done around the house and enjoy some days out as a family! I even gave Jackson the week off from OT/PT/Speech, I figured he's been working so hard he deserves some time off as well! I'm hoping the weather will clear up for the week and we are able to go the beach for a day and other stuff. We have to go to Chicago on Thursday and if it's nice we will probably stop at the Zoo because we had so much fun last time we were there. Well, have a great one!

Steph

No comments: