Why is it so hard to choose a baby's name? Probably because they have to live with that one decision that you make for the rest of their lives. No pressure or anything....right. Well with Jackson it was so easy. One day I said Jack and Matt said no...a few days later I said Jackson and he said yes! There it is....from that day on it was Jackson period. And it had to be Jackson ALAN because Alan is a big middle name in Matt's family and he was our first (only) boy. This time around seems so much harder. If it was a boy it was Brady Robert (Robert after my dad's middle name and both of my grandpa's first name is/was Robert).
Needless to say we are going with a name that we initially loved before we knew Jackson was a boy. Baby Hill's name is going to be Addyson Lyn Hill. Addyson was by far my favorite name ever since Grey's Anatomy has been on tv. It's funny but more ironic than anything that in order to go to Wrigley Field if you take the EL it's the Addison stop:) As many of you may know Matt's favorite team is the Chicago Cubs. So it seemed like the name just fit. After all we did name one of our dogs Wrigley. Addyson's middle name is from her auntie Cadie. Jackson was named after Matt's family so this time was my turn. My mom doesn't have a middle name and I didn't want her to have the same middle name as me (Ann) so it seemed like Auntie Cadie's middle name would be just great. Especially since Cadie is my bestest friend and best sister/auntie in the world and she has such a special bond with Jackson we really wanted to recognize it as Addyson being named after Auntie Cadie. So there you have it for all who have asked. I couldn't bear keeping it a secret. I hate secrets and wanted to call my daughter by her name when she wakes me up in the middle of the night kicking on my bladder!
Have a good one!!
Steph
1 comment:
I love it!
Post a Comment