Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Introducing...

This is Dirks our new puppy. He's been home with us for about a month now and he is just a joy to have with us. Somehow this little 15lb. puppy fills a huge void left when we lost Daisy last year. When we lost her I had said that dogs just love you unconditionally and it is truly something I missed in the last year or so. He's always happy to see me and love me when I get home. I love that about dogs, they just want to love you. 

Coming to the decision of getting another dog was a rocky road but in the end it was all my doing. I said I would never get another dog but life just hasn't been the same since we lost Daisy and it never will but Dirks will be here to create so many memories with us as a family.  

The kids are doing great with him. They love him. It's the first thing they ask for in the morning when they wake up. They have nicknamed him "Dirkse Boy". Such a masculine sound, huh. We still have to remind the kids to be gentle and not love him too hard but overall they have done great!

Welcome to the family Dirks!

1 comment:

Amy said...

We know all too well the loss of having to put a family pet down to bitting. And our daughter will forever carry the scar as a reminder. We too broke down and welcomed a new pup into our family and it actually helped with the healing process. Our new little buddy (Newman) has been in our family for three years now and I can't imagine life with out him! The unconditional love of a dog is priceless!! Congrats on your new family addition!!!