Well, we made it to and from Chicago successfully today. Thank you Indiana for having construction the entire time we were in your state! Lucky for us the construction wasn't too bad. The one thing I forgot about traveling while pregnant is the whole bladder issue. Oh no! If any of you have traveled to Chicago then you have probably taken the skyway which you can't really exit and re-enter at will to use the potty. You probably wouldn't want to anyway because it's not the nicest of areas so needless to say I almost wet myself today. It's funny looking back on it but I was honestly thinking to myself I wonder if Jackson's diaper woul hold my urine! Gross I know! How did I forget what it's like to have a small bladder, a full bladder, bumps on the road, and an active baby girl kicking and punching my bladder, then you add the iced latte and it's just disaster! Luckily there's the Skyway McDonald's thank God! I waddled in there and barely made it. If it wasn't for those golden arches I would have had a major problem the rest of the day.
Anyways....bladder problems aside it was an ok day. Jackson had to get bloodwork done this morning bright and early at 7 in Holland and around 9 we left for Chicago. Jackson's appointment was different than we had expected. We had anticipated that he would be taken off more of his meds. and everything would be great but that's not exactly how it went. They did take him off of one med. just his bactrum (nothing too exciting for us) but it's something. His bloodwork last week came back elevated in two areas (I believe liver enzymes) and it seems like the would like to make sure nothing is going on. It's standard that they would check the blood again and that's why we went this morning. It's also standard that liver transplant kids have an ultrasound done around their one year anniversary. So needless to say next week we will hopefully have an ultrasound done at DeVos. They are specifically going to look at the bile ducts and make sure nothing is wrong. If all looks well they will do a liver biopsy to diagnos possible rejection. Right now nothing is urgent so there is no immediate danger but worried is something a mom does the minute she finds out she's pregnant and I am no different. We will see what happens in the next couple weeks. Jackson seems to be feeling great so at least he's not feeling the fact that his numbers are off.
Today we are having a garage sale, well Matt is, it's more his thing. I'm not into that stuff, I wish I was but I guess laziness is my only excuse. Also I hate when people barter with me...I hate saying no or bartering back....it's just uncomfortable. Come to think of it Matt probably is the same way so at least he's just giving our stuff away:) Well, we need to make lots of room for Addyson so that's the main reason for our sale. Plus the money will be nice to use on things we need baby related, we need a crib and dresser and after that I really think we will be done besides painting her room. We have so much stuff left from Jackson that he really never used I guess that's the good thing about our kiddies being so close in age. I feel funny though because I am selling so many clothes that I haven't worn in two years simply because I was either pregnant or just had a baby so obviously my body isn't what it once was. I figure it will just give me a good excuse to loose all the baby/stress weight I've gained in the last years and also get some new clothes....someday:)
Alright....enough rambling.....I think I'm good for awhile.
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment