Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Momma

We had a nice semi-relaxing weekend. A lot of Matt's family was in town so it was nice to catch up with everyone. Jackson got to see his cousins Tristen and Holly and Aunt Mandy the whole weekend. Matt, Mandy, Tristen, Holly, Jackson, and myself went to the Splash Zone at the Aquatic Center on Saturday. Jackson did good in the water....much better than he did at Minor Lake. The water was nice and warm and he just hung out with Daddy the whole time. I think he was in sensory overload because he has never been around that many kids in his life. He was taking in all the noise and activity. I am bummed because my camera batteries were not charged so I have no pictures....I guess that means we will have to go back soon. I think Aunt Mandy has some cute pictures on her camera though:)

Yesterday Jackson had Speech Therapy for eating. He did some really good things. I guess he's really attached to spoons or something. His therapist was trying to get him to "feel" other things in his mouth like a NUK brush and his sippy cup. So she would but some bananas on the brush or sippy cup and he would eat the bananas off of that instead of a spoon but he had to see the spoon..silly boy. He did good and I definately can do everything she was doing at home with him so hopefully speech wont be a long-term therapy that he needs. He is also going to have Speech Therapy for talking. It's funny because his evaluation was last week and since last week he has started talking and babbling a lot more. He is finally saying "momma" instead of "nonna". It's exciting to hear him say "momma".

I think that's all our highlights for the past few days. We still haven't heard any more results regarding the amniocentesis. I think Matt and I are getting more and more anxious as the days pass. We are just on edge a lot and seem to bicker but I feel like we are probably both starting to stress out because we are so close to knowing the health situation with our daughter. We will be sure to post the news whatever it is.

Well, I think I'm going to take Jackson for a nice long walk. Have a great day.

Steph

No comments: