Monday, July 14, 2008

Jackson

So, although I rarely have much to say, I'm still going to blab. Yesterday, as usual, Jackson had OT/PT but unlike most weeks it was a good experience! Remember how I said he was having issues "touching" stuff with the palms of his hands, well this week was totally different. His therapist said he had improved! Yay, I can't remember exactly what I did, but Matt says he worked a lot with him when I was away at work. He would "make" him touch all kinds of different textures and stuff and I did some of the work but Matt did a great job getting buddy turned around. Jackson also stood on his feet for 3 minutes! His previous record was 1:30 so he improved and he even rolled over for his therapist. He rolls over and is constantly on the move at home but never shows the ladies what he can do so it was nice to hear some positives this week! Go Jackson! Crawling is just around the corner:)


These last few weeks have been crazy! I am working a ton (3-4nights) and Matt is working a ton (not only does he work 40hrs but he also umpires 2-3 nights a week). Lucky for us my MIL is right down the road. We couldn't do it without her! It's busy and sometimes stressful but we try and make it work. It's hard to have something to do every single day, sometimes I just want to stay home with Jackson and play all day but there are things to do.



Alright, I think that's it. I wanted to share Jackson's success because it seems like we haven't had much success in the last few weeks.



Steph

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Steph and Matt, I just wanted to let you know that I was praying that Jackson would do better in PT...glad to hear that the prayer was answered...not surprised, but very glad. Keep up the good work as parents...you are the best!