The preliminary amnio results came back today. The results for the chromosomal and neural tube defects came back NORMAL! We are so excited to report this great news, although we were expecting normal results it was still good to hear it. Our results for Tyrosinemia are still a few weeks away but it's good that there are no other problems our child would have to potentially deal with!
We were able to find out the baby's sex as well. The amniocentesis sex results are 100% accurate which is nice because there's no guessing as to seeing a body part or not! Well, we are expecting a little baby GIRL!!!! I cried the second the lady told me. I was in complete shock and all of the sudden this pregnancy became very real to me! We are so blessed to have a boy and a girl because we know that we will only be having two children and it's nice to have one of each! I always thought it would be cool to have one of each and I am so excited about it. I was in extra shock because I was 100% convinced it was a boy! I called Matt and he said, "well, were you right?" I was wrong but that's ok with me:) I wouldn't have cared either way but it's like the "icing on the cake" to have one of each sex, it truly feels like our family will be complete. Alright, enough of my excited rambling. In the next few weeks we will be having a huge garage sale to get rid of all of our boy stuff Jackson had out grown....he has lots of adorable clothes...many of which were never worn or worn once because he was sick for so long. It will be wierd to dig through the past and see how small he was but it will be fun too.
Alright, I'm done being blog happy!
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment