Friday, July 18, 2008

Hopkins


So usually I fall asleep before the show Hopkins comes on but last night I was able to stay awake, largely due to the fact I had a nice afternoon nap. If anyone caught the episode last night it was crazy to see one story in particular. There was a 2 year old boy who was transported via helicopter to The John Hopkins Pediatric Hospital with possible heart failure. Anyways after running various tests it was determined he needed a heart transplant! Amazing! It was crazy to watch Peyton(his name) and his parents. I think I broke out in tears a thousand times just remembering all the emotions. In fact, one line stood out to me. The doctors were talking to Peyton's parents and telling them the plan of attack and at some point one of the doctors said to them, "Peyton could die from this." It sent chills down my spine and I remember the exact place and time and everything that was going on when a doctor spoke those same words to Matt and I. No parent ever expects to hear those words and the way the mother reacted was the same reaction I had. She broke down and started to cry hysterically (sp). Anyways...I am not telling this story to make everyone feel bad because Peyton and Jackson both got their much needed transplants and are both doing great. It was just such a neat experience to see and be reminded that there are other people out there in the world that have had to deal with everything Matt and I and Jackson have gone through. It was good to see it on tv because although it brought emotions to me that I don't think of on a daily basis it was a nice reminder of how good God has been to us. Jackson is such a blessing and miracle.

Steph

No comments: