Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's Been a Few Days...

Well, the past few days we have been enjoying the nice mild yet sunny weather. Jackson and I have been able to get outside and go for some much needed walks. We have also been able to keep our air conditioner off which is nice for the wallet and it's nice to get some fresh air going through the house.

Jackson is saying momma now except it comes out as nonna. Whatever, I'll take it. If you say momma to him he says nonna:) It's cute. Hey, I couldn't speak when I was little either I called my self some version of my name for a few years:) He is still saying dadda but I'm not really sure if he knows what the words he's saying means...either way it's nice to finally hear him say something and not be so quiet. Jackson also started doing something new this week. He's throwing minor temper tantrums. If something is not his way right away he arches his back and goes into meltdown. The first few times it was funny and now it's not so funny. I'm not sure what to do with him because he's not really at a age where punishment seems acceptable. I do however, pat (spank) his little but and use an authoratative voice but it doesn't seem to work. Oh well, I'm just happy he's healthy enough to throw temper tantrums.

Besides enojoying the nice weather and Jackson's new personality traits we don't have much else going on. Monday is the amniocentesis day. I'm starting to get nervous. I'm not sure if I'm nervous about the procedure but I think I'm just nervous that it will take 5 weeks to find out the results. Up until now I somehow "forget" that we are not out of the woods health wise with this baby. We have a 1 in 4 chance of the baby having what Jackson has/had. I think about it all the time and we pray daily for a healthy baby but we have learned from Jackson's issues that what happends will happen and has already been determined. Although I am somewhat nervous we also know that the baby if he or she has tyrosinemia that it is treatable without a liver transplant at the ripe age of 12 weeks. In fact, the child maybe wouldn't ever need one or if they did it wouldn't be until they were much older than Jackson was. Well, enough medical talk. The next 5 weeks will probably go by pretty slow for all of us but at least we are prepared this time around.

Alright....I think that's all for the day....have a good one.

Steph

No comments: