So, needless to say church is not in our future this morning. As I am typing this I am watching Jackson and Matt is in our wonderful basement, oh, our wonderful flooded basement. We had way too much rain lastnight our poor basement couldn't handle it! It's funny because I am such a worrier, yup, it even popped into my head lastnight at about 11pm that I should "check" the basement for water and check upstairs for any roof leaks, although we've never had either of these problems before. After checking both places I thought we were easily in the clear but little did I know how much more rain we would get after I went to bed and tried to sleep lastnight! So we awoke to bushes in the back almost uprooted and debri everywhere Matt went outside to check that all out but I thought, "I better check the basement" and sure enough WATER EVERYWHERE!!! I guess luckily it was mostly in his "poker room" where there's not a lot of stuff to really damage but it did sneak out to our tv room where we have some nice furniture and Matt's big screen and it didn't get anywhere near my washer and dryer. Today will now be a busy day inside instead of out, Matt was planning to chip all our wood, but it looks like that will be put onhold. I'm just praying that all the rain they say we are supposed to get somehow passes us.....I can't do this tomorrow morning while Matt heads off to work! Alright...better go help him.
Steph
2 comments:
I know the feeling! Check out our pictures on our blog! We were up till 2:30 with our nieghbors getting cars unstuck from the flooded subdivison. I hope nothing was ruined by you?
Oh no! I noticed you guys weren't there on Sunday!
Post a Comment