Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day...

Well, I can't speak for any father's out there but I had a great day yesterday. I woke up early with Jackson, even though Sunday is my day to sleep in:). I thought I would give Matt the "day off'" since it was Father's Day and all. So I got Jackson up, fed him, changed him, gave him his meds, then we wrapped Daddy's gift, signed his card, and by that time Matt was asking us to come in the bedroom so he could see Jackson. Jackson gave daddy his gift, which he seemed to really like, and I went and got breakfast. Yes, sadly I hadn't had time to run to the grocery store and get Matt all his favorite breakfast food and then cook it all so he settled for a breakfast sandwich from Mc Donalds:). Thanks hun!

We went to church and on our way to my parent's house Jackson was babbling in the backseat and Matt and I both heard what sounded like "momma". Matt says he said momma but I think it sounded more like "nonna". So, needless to say, the rest of the day was spent trying to teach Jackson how to say "momma" I think he's almost there. I feel like I've been waiting forever for him to say it so now that he's getting close I am just so excited to hear his very first official "momma". Speaking of Jackson, that baby of ours has such a funny personality. Yesterday while we were eating at my mom and dad's house he was sitting in his high chair just trying to be the center of attention. He was making himself "fake laugh" so that he would get attention. He's so funny and it's been such a great experience seeing him get bigger and smarter and get more of a personality. He loves to smile and laugh (who doesn't) but it's good to see that he's just such a happy boy!

Anyways...that's about it. Jackson and I have to get ready for his OT/PT appointment...hopefully it goes well today.

Steph

No comments: