Hey Everyone,
So yesterday Jackson had physical therapy and occupational therapy for his weekly hour long session. He seems to be doing alright. I used to go back to the room with him but everytime he would see me he would cry and want nothing to do with the therapists so it was suggested that I wait in the waiting room and then if he doesn't calm down they would come and get me. So far, he's been doing much better. Although he may cry for a few minutes when he realizes mommy's not there he actually does better for some reason. It's better for me too. The last few times I have had to hold back my own tears watching him be so upset. (Plus I'm an emotional, hormonal, pregnant woman so that doesn't help). He's improving, not as fast as we would like but at least he's improving. I would love nothing more for him to just start crawling and cruising around. Although my job as a mom will be more difficult I want what's best for him and he is ready for that big step. He's also going to be getting a speech evaluation because he is really picky about textures of food, he wont use a sippy cup (I introduced him to it at 6 months), he also isn't "talking." I don't really know what a 1 year old is suppose to say though, I mean he babbles and says things like dadda but apparently that isn't good enough. Whatever. I'm frustrated with it all, I guess I can only hope that he continues to improve.
Jackson is getting his 1 year mollars. He's coping pretty well, I've heard horror stories about other children so I guess he's doing good. He has a total of five teeth and three are budding(mollars). Yesterday he took a three hour nap I think the PT/OT and the teeth were just enough to completely wipe him out! I can't believe how big he is getting. Ever since his haircut he just seems older and looks older more like a little man.
That's about it for today.
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment