Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend was wonderful! We enjoyed Saturday and Sunday spending time with family and friends. We had a nice day Saturday. We went to Jacob's (David's son, my sister's bf) baseball game in the morning. It was so cute to watch those little boys play baseball and I couldn't help but think this will be Jackson in 6 years!!! How fun! After the game we came home to a crowded street and walked down to the parade. We were able to watch the whole thing and Jackson was such a good boy. He played on the grass with Daddy most of the time and at the very end he decided he wanted to cuddle with mommy and he took a little nap. Afterwards we walked over to Matt's parents house for a yummy cookout and we hung out there until 8:30 came home, put Jackson to bed, watched our TiVo-ed The Office and we were in bed by 9:30.

I had a great very first Mother's Day! Mother's Day is a lot more fun when your baby is on the outside. I remember last year just beggin God to let Jackson be born before Mother's Day but he came just a few days later which is alright with me. Jackson and daddy spoiled me yesterday. Matt did pretty much everything with Jackson so I really felt like I had a "day off'". I did, however, give him his bath and put him to bed. I love giving his bath because he loves to play and splash and it's just the cutest thing. Matt and Jackson spoiled me with breakfast and an amazing gift. I got a prenatal massage and a spa pedicure from Body Perfections!!! I absolutely love beng pampered, who doesn't?

It was also a special day because Jackson was finally baptized. It was extra special because his Grandpa was able to baptize him. It's weird how emotional I've become in the last year or so. I feel like a total dork because the smallest things make me tear up. I never remember being such an emotional person but maybe that's what motherhood did to me.....made me all soft. Well it was so cool to watch Grandpa baptize Jackson and I think our whole family had a tear in their eye. Seeing Jackson with so much family around him that wants nothing for the best for him warms my heart and makes me feel so lucky that I have such wonderful people in my life. I couldn't have picked a better family myself.

After church we went out for dinner with our families who made it for the baptism and then went home and relaxed. I even got a nap in and we ordered pizza from my favorite, Village Inn. Matt and I watched a bad movie, Mist. I'm not sure why we don't turn movies off but I think we both just wanted to see how it would end.
I think that's about it...I know I have lots to say.
Steph

1 comment:

The DeVries Family said...

I think when you become a mom you see things totally differnt. I am emotional too!