Jackson is 1! I am now just hoping that the next 17 years or so do not go as fast as the first one. Seriously.Well, I'm an emotional mess today. I woke up, looked at Matt and said, "My baby is 1," with a tear in my eye. It's so weird. A year ago I thought he would stay a little newborn forever and sometimes in my lack of sleep mind I would wish for him to just be older so that I, selfishly, would be able to get more done. Wow, how I almost long for that state of mind now.
Looking back on Jackson's first year of life has made me realize just how wonderful God has been to me. First of all he blessed us with a "healthy" son. Well, we thought he was healthy but to me, those two months where we thought we had a "healthy" baby were two wonderful months and some people don't have that luxury. It's something that no one can take away from us no matter what has happened in the past and what will happen in the future. I never could have imagined what a whirlwind of a first year my son would have. With all that has happened I think his birthdy just seemed extra special and it seemed like I have been looking back and reliving his first year. It was the best year of my life. Although it was hard, rough, tiring, the good has far outweighed the bad. I am so lucky to have Jackson as my son and hopefully he'll feel the same way about me someday:) He is one loved little boy, that is for sure!
Steph
1 comment:
Happy 1st Birthday Jackson!! :-)
Post a Comment