Friday, January 23, 2009

Why Not?

Well it seems that Jackson is going to add more therapy to his already very busy schedule. Today he had a speech evaluation done through Early On and not to my surprise he qualifies. Speech starts at 18 months through Early On so up until this point he wasn't really eligible (he's 20 months) but with Addy being born it took a couple months for us to get an evaluation done. I have to schedule a hearing test at the Health Department just to make sure there's nothing wrong with his hearing. I am about 99.9% sure that his hearing is SELECTIVE and that he hears just fine. Oh well, it's just one more thing to right into our calendar. So now Jackson will have some sort of therapy every single day of the week. Wow! It's absolutely exhausting to look at my calendar. I have to have two kids fed, changed, and dressed by 9 am every morning. Not to mention I have to get ready as well. Thank God I don't have a full time job because I have no clue how he would get the therapy that he so desperately needs. I guess speech is usually delayed when kids are not yet walking and once they are more upright they start talking like crazy. Well, Jackson has yet to take his first steps on his own so we are hoping that what they say is true. I just can't wait for him to walk. Most kids his age are doing so much more and I just wish that he could have some sort of normalcy. Oh well, I'm starting to vent and feel bad for him and myself so I'm done thinking about it......

Steph

No comments: