Matt and I enjoyed a date last night. Just the two of us dinner and a movie! Wow! It felt amazing to just spend time with just the two of us and no babies to interupt our conversation. We dined at Crazy Horse (big surprise) and then went to see Marley and Me. It was my choice and it was between that and Bride Wars but I thought Matt would like a movie with dogs in it a little better seeing as he's had a dog his whole life and we have our pecious dog Daisy. I really thought I would not be a dog lover but much to the dismay of my family, I am. The movie was so good and I cried (almost hysterically). I guess I can blame it on post baby hormones yet seeing as Addy was just 6 weeks yesterday. Anyways, if you are a dog lover I recommend the movie or book. I want to read the book now. It was a wonderful evening with my husband and it's funny because when we were waiting for the movie to start I said to him remember when every time we hung out was a date. It's so weird how you take time like that for granted but it's nice to enjoy our dates even more. I'm not sure when we will do it again but I think we should do it more often because it was so nice and quiet and I felt like Stephanie....not just mommy. Alright, that's all!
Steph
3 comments:
I am so jelous! I dont even know when the last time we had a date. We need to work on that more...I think sometimes you get so caught up as being "mommy" we can forget who we really are sometimes!
I totally recommend the book. I cried hysterically too and I can't blame it on post pregnancy anymore, just the plain fact that I'm a dog lover. Even when they're complete pains in the neck.
Hey there Hill family! Just wanted to wish both Matt and Stephanie a happy birthday! Glad to hear you had an opportunity for a date night and I look forward to seeing you all again- listening to Addy coo and playing with Jackson. Love you all.
Post a Comment