It's already been a hectic day and the sun has barely been up for an hour! My goodness! Well Jackson was due to get his labwork done again so I thought I would do it this morning because usually later in the week the lab is not super busy. Ideally Jackson's blood should be taken between 7:00-7:30 because that is 12 hours after his dose of Prograf. I say ideally because it rarely happens. I show up to the lab at EXACTLY 7:00 (when they open) and usually we are the first or maybe second people there. Somehow though I just arrived home. It doesn't really make sense does it? We live less than a block away so it's not the driving....it's the fact that the people running the lab have no common sense and this morning I let them have it!
Upon our arrival I inform them I have my 17 month old and you will need to call another person to help (because for some reason it takes two people to draw his blood). So, I saved myself the "waiting" because usally it takes 10 minutes for the lab people to realize he's a baby and then they have to call an extra hand but it takes another 10 minutes for that person to show up. Well, I thought I saved myself the waiting but nope...it didn't work. They wanted to have me put a heatpad on his arm to loosen the blood....well I don't have a problem doing that but Jackson does. He knows immediately what comes next so he starts screaming bloody murder. I then inform the ladies that it would be best to just get it over with because seriously who wants to listen to a screaming child? NOT ME! Well, they don't take my advice and decide to poke three people in the meantime while his arm "warms up". The funny thing is the arm they told me to put the heatpad on is not even the one they used for the blood draw! HOLY COW (although I would love to say exactly what I was thinking)! Finally after deciding what arm to use (which took an eternity) they poke him and luckily got blood the first time. The most annoying this is that no one listens to me. I tell them I've been doing this for over a year now and I know my son better than anyone but hey, apparently that doesn't make me qualified to know what's best for my baby! Anyways....I was there for over an hour. Does that make sense? NOPE!
I was getting the sympathy looks from everyone in the waiting area as well! How embarassing the last thing I need is a bunch of strangers feeling bad for me...but I guess they mean well:)
Anyways....just do yourself a favor don't take your child to Holland Hospital....please! I think I am officially done. I've called and complained but it doesn't work so from now on I guess I'll have to get up extra early to make it to DeVos in time for his blood work. Well, I'll do anything if it's better for Jackson so no big deal. Thanks for letting me vent! We are now off to speech therapy with Shawnee the dog....Jackson loves that! He LOVES DOGS!
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment