It's official...we made a decision to pull Jackson out of his outpatient PT/OT. He will still be in speech outpatient though. Our reasons for doing this is because his Early On/Special Ed. program is going so well. Early On comes to our home twice a week for an hour each time and one day does PT and the other day they do OT. It's amazing how well he cooperates and how happy he is at HOME with the ladies as opposed to going to outpatient therapy. His therapists at the outpatient were wonderful and who knows, we may put him back in (if needed) but the fact that they had to spend 10-15mins of a 30min session trying to calm him down just doesn't make it seem like the therapy was truly worth it. Plus, I could never be in the room (or he just wanted me) so I could hear him scream from the waiting room, feeling like the WORST MOM EVER!
Hopefully we made the right choice but I know if something comes up and the Early On staff thinks he should go back it won't be a problem. Jackson is really improving. He is picking up "Puffs" with his pincer grasp (more often then not). He is also ALMOST crawling completely in the four point position. He loves to stand and pull himself up to his Leapfrog table as well. We are just encouraging him to move throughout our entire house right now and get into any and everything! ( I can eat my words later).
Well, that's about all the news of the week. Jackson will get labs done Monday I have a doctor appointment (already) on Monday as well. Have a great weekend!
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment