Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recent Haps

I took a blogging break. I actually did it on purpose because I seriously was wasting way too much time blogging and then reading other blogs and such. The last week has gone by really fast and I barely remember what happened but I'll fill you in anyway.

We sold our Envoy about 3 weeks ago. It was a great decision and we ended up getting the money we wanted out of it so thank goodness for that. We then had just the Jetta for a few weeks and last night we bought a 2005 Chevy Malibu that will be our second vehicle. Mostly Matt will just be driving it to and from work. So the weeks with one car actually went ok, luckily one of Matt's coworkers lives a few blocks from our house and he was able to hitch a ride with him on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I could bring Jackson to his appointments.

We have just been busy. We don't do much but man we stay busy! I worked on Valentine's Day so it was a rather low key holiday for us. Matt did surprise me with a gift certificate for Sun Island to get my hair cut and eyebrows waxed. I had been saying for weeks how I needed to get it done and finally I think he got sick of it and did something about it! I was so excited and I went and got my hair cut on Saturday morning. I now have official mom hair but I am a mom so whatever I just can't have long hair because I don't have time to spend doing it like I used to. I picked Matt up a card and some candy on my way home and then headed to work Saturday Night. Saturday night was INSANE we were on wait until 10 which is when we close so it was a long shift but well worth the money!

Sunday we had a nice little get together at Crazy Horse for our boss/owner Mark. It was a lot of fun to spend time with coworkers and friends. I just love the people I work with. They are absolutely amazing and I always look forward to going to work because of them!

Kids, well the kids are about the same. Jackson still hasn't decided to walk by himself but he stands and cruises all the time. He has let go of the furniture a few times and gets the funniest look in his eyes like he's scared so it may be awhile. Meanwhile we are doing everything possible to strengthen his muscles so that he can walk soon. He is also talking a lot more. Well, babbling more. It's fun to hear him and his sign language is coming along. He can do "more" but he's just stubborn sometimes. He also realized clapping is pretty fun so he claps all the time.

Addyson is still doing her baby thing. She is starting to smile at other people and now is smiling at objects. That's new in the last week, her smiling at objects. She likes the little toys that hang down from her bouncy seat and she loves looking at her beautiful self in the mirror. She is growing like a stinking weed! She will be wearing her 6 month clothes very soon which is crazy. I forgot how fast babies grow in the first 6 months. It's amazing!

One other decision we have made is to try and join a Life Group at church. It's been something we have talked about for a couple years but never did and we are finally ready to take the plunge as long as we can find a group and schedule that will work. We are really excited/nervous about taking this step but we know it is time!

I think that's all. Have a wonderful day!

Steph

1 comment:

The DeVries Family said...

I want to join a life group too, it is just so hard finding a night that works for us. Our schedules are so full. We have been putting it off for years too.