Monday, February 9, 2009

First Shots

I took Addyson to the doctor this morning. She had to get her first set of vaccinations. She did really well through the entire visit. She smiled and talked (cooing) to Dr. Locke the whole time. She didn't cry until the vaccinations 3 of 4 were shots and 1 was an oral vaccination. My poor princess cried but was fine the minute I picked her up, thank goodness. I didn't cry either...I think I cried when Jackson got his first shots. She weighed in at 11lbs. 15oz. and she was 22 1/2in. long. I'm not big into percentiles and didn't even ask, mostly because I feel bad for poor Jackson who isn't even in a percentile because he's so tiny! Anyways...she was a little smaller then Jackson was at his 2 month (right before he got sick) and Jackson was I think 12lbs. 4oz. but take into account she was 5oz. smaller at birth then they are about the same as far as growth goes. I keep worrying there will come a day when someone thinks they are twins because Addyson is growing so fast and she weighs half of what Jackson does now and Jacksons not that tall!

Speaking of Jackson I would say he is ALMOST walking! I really, really, really, really want him walking, because I fear he's never going to be a "normal" boy and once he starts walking the talking will come (supposedly). We are proud of him no matter what. He's come so far, I mean, he couldn't even roll over when he started therapy and now he is almost walking so it's coming along. He's such a good boy and we are so lucky to be his parents.

I think that's all for today, hopefully Addy won't have any crazy reactions to the vaccines.

Steph

1 comment:

The DeVries Family said...

It wont be long for walking for Jackson. Pretty soon he will be all over the place and you will be wondering what happened to your little baby!! Hang it there. He will be walking soon enough!! :-)He is happy and healthy, and thats all that matters! Glad to hear your little princess did well with the shots. Those first ones with Evan were nerve racking for me too. I think it bothers us more than them sometimes. Have a great week!--Meg