Monday, February 23, 2009

Lots of Random Stuff....

Addyson-

She's rolling over tummy to back! It's pretty infrequent and a very jerky movement but she has done it a handful of times. She's smiling and starting to laugh which is absolutely adorable! She has been sleeping better but still not 8 hours consistently. She has also slept in her crib one night but I am holding out because the transition isn't going to go smoothly (at least that's my hunch).

Jackson-

The poor kiddie is sick again! He woke up this morning alrght but around 9am he was throwing his normal temper tantrum/jelousy fit. I picked him up to sit by me on the couch and he started to cough and then he puked ALL OVER! Sick. It's not like I've never had any of his bodily fluids on me before I mean there's urine, poop, blood, vomit, spit up, boogers, bile-yes stomach bile I think that was the worst and it stains bad! Anyways...as I picked him up he managed to throw up all the way to the bathroom and then in the bathroom it was my turn to throw up because it was absolutely disgusting! All day he had a fever and didn't have an appetite. We had him drinking water and pedialyte he did good but then this evening it all came up again! I feel so helpless and although he's been sick before it's so scary for us because I think Matt and I immediately think about his traumatic past and going from hospital to hospital. Thankfully for now it's just a flu bug and we are praying that's all it is!

I have one random story. I took Addyson with me to get a few groceries and pedialyte for buddy this afternoon and Mat stayed home with Jackson. I was in line at Meijer and Addyson was fussing because she hates her carseat but to me it's normal so instead of consoling her I was busy u-scanning my groceries so we could leave faster! This lady had the "BALLS" to walk up to me and tell me that Addy was crying because she was too hot! Too hot? Seriously that was the best she could come up with? Anyways I looked at her and thought no, I won't say anything but then I thought self, what should I do? I decided that since Addyson is MY CHILD and I AM THE MOM that I would kindly remind the woman that I was her mother and that she just didn't like her carseat. I also told her I know what's best for her. Hmmm....was it the nicest thing to do on my part...maybe not but for some reason when you are pregnant or have a newborn people think they can say anything to you. The lady is seriously lucky I didn't clock her. Why do people do this? I think it's just to piss other people off! Anyways...people just need to close their mouths in my opinion!

That's all,

Steph

2 comments:

heftyman56 said...

Hope Jackson feels better soon!! Way to stick up for yourself and Addy!!

Hefty

The DeVries Family said...

I always hated it when strangers would walk up to me when I was pregnant with Evan and give me the stupidest advice. Sorry to hear about that. I would have wanted to clock her too.