Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to Work I Go....

Well, it's official. It's my last week off of work! I called my boss this morning and told him I need to go back! Next week will be my first week back. I'm only planning on working a couple of shifts until I go to my 6 week check up. I feel like I'm going stir crazy and I really miss my friends at work. Sadly, working it about the extent of my social life right now and for 3 1/2 weeks I have had NO SOCIAL LIFE! I miss it so much. I know it will make Matt and I more busy/tired but in order to keep my sanity I think it's best for me to go back:) I love my kids but I love to be around adults as well!
Speaking of my kids. I have some sort of problem with Addyson. I switched her strictly to formula but I am having a heck of a time finding a bottle that she will take! If anyone had advice on what to use I am down. I am going to go broke buying bottles but it seems every child is different. So far I tried the cheap Target brand (nipples were too fast and collapsed), Ventaire (it took her over an hour to eat 4 oz.), and Soothie (the nipples were way too fast and she ends up having most of her meal on her cute clothes). I had Avent with Jackson but since he still drinks his milk from a bottle I didn't want her to have the same kind (due to jelousy issues). So the bottom line is....I need some advice if anyone knows a good bottle that she might take.
Steph

4 comments:

The DeVries Family said...

I know my brother and his wife tried the Adair bottles...i think that is what they are called. Kinda funny, but they look like the real thing. I know they are a bit more pricy, but they might work! Thats all I got. I never had that problem thank goodness. Evan would take about anything.

The Hill's said...

thanks, yeah, jackson didn't care what bottle he had either but the princess is a little more fussy about it!

Garcia Family said...

Liliana used Dr. Brown bottles, and that worked really well for us. They are also supposed to be good for kids with colic, if you think that is a posibility. I might even have one, if you just want to try it out. Let me know 616-8868-7313. Good luck!

Veldheer Family said...

I too have heard really good things about the Dr. Brown bottles. However, I am a fan of the Avent. With Dustin I nursed until 5 mos. and Anna I nursed until almost a year old. Avent was my bottle of choice for both and it never complicated the nursing when they received a bottle from their daddy or grandma. Anna had a terrible reflux problem and Avent was the best with that. Now, I know you mentioned the jealousy issue. But...it may not last long at all:)