On Tuesday, November 4, we lost our dear friend and Crazy Horse co-worker, Kimberly Olthof. She courageously fought a 9-year battle with cancer, touching so many hearts along the way. She will be sorely missed, but forever remembered. Kim has gone to a better place - something we can take comfort in and rejoice about! We will miss you Kim!
Kim passed away just one day after the Grand Finale of the THINK PINK fund-raiser. At Kim's wishes, all the money raised was donated to the Tulip Tree Fund at Hospice of Holland.
We know many of you have been interested in the results of that fund-raiser...
First and foremost, we want to THANK ALL OF YOU for your thoughts, prayers, and generosity. Because of you, the fund-raiser was a great success! We took over $3,000 in bills off the walls and sold over $2,000 in PINK merchandise. At the finale, the staff donated their tips and wages for the day and the restaurant donated its profits for the day. A grand total of over $8,000 will be donated to the Hospice House here in Holland.Hospice of Holland is where Kim spent her last month with family and friends. It is an amazing organization, filled with compassionate people who offer the highest quality of care. This organization has been near and dear to the Horse for many years.
It is difficult to lose someone so amazing, but she will always be a part of us and we're so happy that she is home.
Again, thank you. It is because of our loyal and supportive guests that this was possible...
- Mark and MikeOwners, Crazy Horse Steakhouse
This is an e-mail I got as well as about 6,000 others that are on our Crazy Horse e-mail list. I thought I would share because I had blogged about the fundraiser. It went well and Kim got to go be with Jesus. Although we are saddened by her death she is rejoicing now and no longer is fighting so hard. Kim was one of the most amazing people I've ever known. She was so much fun to work with, she always had a smile on her face(even when she didn't feel well), and she truly cared for others. I'll never forget the numerous carepackages and cards she sent our family while we were in Chicago. I'm glad I knew her and she will be missed!
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment