Monday, November 17, 2008

36 Weeks....We are getting close!

My 36 Week Belly Picture
(I was so much better at taking "belly pics" with Jackson)

So we've made it to the "safe" zone as far as labor and delivery go. We are now ready to go at the drop of a hat if need be. Lately I've been getting all our loose ends tied up so that when labor hits it can be as stress free as possible. My hospital bag is not quite finished but it will be by the end of today. My house is clean and Christmas decorations are up.
Today I had my 36 week appointment with my doctor. Everything was great. I gained a pound (my total is 17lbs for the pregnancy, which I am quite proud of, seeing as I gained over 40lbs wih Jackson). I had excellent blood pressure (go me) and measured at about 37-38weeks. My doctor checked for dialation and I was surprised to find out things are "ripenning" and that I was 2 centimeters dialated. Matt is planning an overnighter of hunting this weekend so I made sure to ask my doc. if he thought it would be a good idea if Matt went away and he said it shouldn't be a problem. He wasn't predicting my labor to come anytime real soon. It's good because I woul like to get this week and next week of work in. Plus my doctor will be on vacation next week so as of now I'm in no "hurry" to have Addyson here but I certainly am ready to meet her and of course to not be pregnant but I am still fairly comfortable, so why not let her "bake" a little longer? I think that's all for today.
Until next time,
Steph

1 comment:

TracyVDM said...

Goodness!! 36 weeks already?? Time is just flying! Addyson will be here before you know it! You look great!