Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day by Day






As we have learned with Jackson you just have to take everything day by day and that is our same philosophy with this unexpected pregnancy. Although it sounds good it is much easier said than done. We have had a few mild problems so far in the last week which has put me on some sort of modified bedrest. I am on bedrest then off, then on again. It's frustrating but whatever is best for the baby is what I will do. It's been more annoying probably because the weather is so nice and all I want to do is play outside and go for walks and work out at the gym. I did sneak a walk in yesterday just down the road to the park and had a chance to work at the Horse on Tuesday night but I have been "taking it easy" once again for the last 24 hours. We pray continuously for a healthy little baby this time. But we also think that what the future holds has already been planned and we will take it one day at a time.

Besides the bedrest thing I am feeling really good (so far). It's early but I felt great with Jackson so I'm hoping this is the same. I am tired but I am always tired pregnant or not. I am definately a sleep person and it's not uncommon for me to go to bed at 8:30-9:00 and now with a baby coming I am taking full advantage of my 8 more months of having the luxury to go to bed anytime after 7:30(Jackson's bed time).
I mentioned above Jackson and I went to the park yesterday. It was so much fun to see him sit and play with grass. I was instructed by his physical therapist to see if he had any aversions to the texture of grass (they seem to think he doesn't like certain textures but I think he just doesn't like strangers). It went well he enjoyed being outside and he was of course supporting the tigers, wearing his hat. I thought about putting him on the swings and then I thought about all the germ infested children that were there before us so I chose not to put him on any of the toys. Someday I will but for now I just didn't want to risk his health especially since there are some viruses still out there for catching:)
Well I think that's about all that is going on at our home. I posted some pictures of our park adventure.












1 comment:

The DeVries Family said...

glad to hear you are feeling alright. Do take it easy- I know everyone is probably telling you that but I saw you Tuesday at the horse, carring all those heavy trays! pregnancy takes a lot out of you. We're praying for a healthy one for you guys.