Wednesday, September 21, 2011

School

School "Mug Shot"



Waiting for the bus.....that never came




Jackson's first day of school was quite adventurous. Jackson gets bused from our house to school which is so nice. The first day of school we were very eager to get outside and take pictures and enjoy the fall weather. The bus comes at 12:20 so we decided to go out there around 12:00. We waited, waited, and waited, and when the bus hadn't shown up at 12:30 I called school. They said the bus was running late and not to worry. When the bus wasn't there at 12:40 I called school again only to find out that the bus had missed Jackson. We had "talked up" school for the last week. He was looking forward to going and I thought he shouldn't miss school so I drove him. It wasn't bad besides the fact that I was wearing gym clothes and hadn't showered. Not exactly the first impression I would want to give anyone but hey, that's me. I now make a point of showering well before the bus comes, just incase. Since the first day mishap the bus has been great. Jackson is enjoying school and looks forward to it EVERY DAY. He talks about it all the time and is so excited that he gets to ride the bus and always things like.




"I ride bus, A-ee(addy) no bus."


"No ACDC bus."


"NO puppy bus."


"No binky, no diapie bus." - yes he still has a binky....one thing at a time (potty training was number 1)


"No mommy bus."




Yesterday he was dancing on the bus and the bus driver said he's so cute and says, "okay," to everything she says. I am so glad he enjoys school so much. Seeing him off would be hard if all he did was cling to me and cry (although if he acted like he might miss me I'd be ok with that too). I guess that's what happens as kids grow, they don't need mommy as much.

No comments: