Don't worry there are NO PICTURES of this process....not a fan of potty pictures:)
I am proud to say we have one child officially potty trained! It was about darn time that we tried it with Jackson but I just was waiting for him to be ready. I didn't read any fancy books but I did find a blog post on saving addiction about five day potty training and I followed that. I was pleasantly surprised that like it says just get to day 5 and then make a good call on whether or not this is successful. The first 3 days were awful. Many accidents and I started to think he wasn't ready. Day 4 and Day 5 were completely different it's like it had finally clicked. Since Day 5 which was August 24 he has really been pretty good about the potty. He hasn't had many accidents but all in all I can pretty saftely say he is day trained after a month. Night time is a little different but he does wake up dry most mornings. I am so proud of Jackson. He's doing a great job.
Now we have to potty train Addy. She doesn't seem ready yet so I am not going to push it. I am not a big fan of people/society/doctors telling you when your child should be trained. With Jackson we had success when HE was READY. So now we will just wait for Addy to be ready and hopefully have success when that time comes.
1 comment:
Yeah Jackson! Potty training is certainly not the most fun thing. I agree 100% with you on waiting until the child is ready. We did that with Jenna and potty training was a breeze. Seriously, we (parents/society) push our kids to do so many things...do we really have to add potty training to the list :-).
Post a Comment