Do you ever find yourself making the same dinners over and over? Lucky for me I work a few nights a week and even luckier for me my husband has no problem making dinner for the kids on those nights. I am thankful for that, I know some women who make their husband and kids meals when they work at night, good job to those ladies, sorry hun-I'm not that lady. Anyways. If you are looking for some really simple, easy, and healthy (I'm on a diet woot woot) here are a couple options.
Simple Turkey Chili- Allrecipes.com
Ingredients
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 cups water
1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
The next one I saw on a fellow FB friends blog. It is delicious I have made it 3 or 4 times and the best part is you can freeze it for an easy meal on a night when you just don't feel like fussing much.
Crockpot Barbecue Chicken- Smashed Peas and Carrots blog
1.5 lbs chicken breasts (or about 4 nice-sized ones)
1 18 oz bottle of barbecue sauce (I like to use Sweet Baby Ray's!)
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup Italian dressing
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
Throw the chicken breasts in the crockpot, mix other ingredients and pour over. The best way to cook is on low for 6-8 hours you can do it on high for 3-4 hours but I think it tastes better low and longer. Serve on a bun like a sloppy joe. YUM! Serve with the oven fries or sweet potato fries, even better.
1 comment:
Steal your chicken BBQ to make for tomorrow. I think I might have to double it. I am going to share some with our neighbors whose son is at Holland Hosp with RSV and pnumonia.
Post a Comment