Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chatterbox

This post is about Jackson. Although he doesn't talk a lot by 3 year old standards, that's ok buddy. He definitely is working on it. I think Matt and I might be the only people who know what he is saying most of the time but I thought I would share some of the words he likes to say.
Ah-ee..means Addy-he is getting really good at trying to be a 3rd parent to her and I find myself using lines my parents used on me (the oldest child) "Jackson, Addy has 2 parents already." Scary when you start using phrases you remember from childhood but there must be a reason the good ones stick around:)
PeePee- he's a boy and he has entered to stage, enough said.
Peez-please
Yaaaa-yes, yup, yeah- this is my favorite one right now, he sounds oh so cute when he says it
Buuu-Buzz as in Buzz Lightyear, can I watch Toy Story?
Crar-Car he is obsessed with cars and he loves the bus.
Hi-HighVoltage, hi- Jackson is obsessed with ACDC so this word usually means can you play the song High Voltage?
He says a lot more but these are his favorites. We have gotten him to say please and thank you most of the time with prompting, of course. He will go into the cupboard, find a snack, bring it to me, and say, "peez," how could a mom say no to that? He is doing really good and he is trying so HARD to talk. I am so proud of him. With Jackson it will happen on Jackson time so we will just wait until little man is ready! We love you Buddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brayden had his own language at 3...thus the need for speech therapy. Like you we were constantly interpreting for others and he had so few words. He made huge gains between 3 and 4. I hope you see more too as he gets closer on to 4.