Thursday, July 21, 2011

6 Years

July 16, 2005

I meant to post a 6th Anniversary post on our actual anniversary, July 16 but life threw us another curveball. Anyways, I just wanted to make sure I marked a very special day for Matt and I. Every year we are thrown more and more off course with what we thought life would look like when we got married 6 years. This anniversary will never be forgotten I am sure of that. It was not joyous in the slightest. Not because of our marriage but because of spending it in the hospital with our son who was bit by our dog. (more on all that later) It was especially sad because Daisy was a wedding gift from me to Matt so it marked a little over 6 years that we have had her. We haven't had a chance to celbrate our anniversary yet, it will probably be a few weeks before we are really in the "celebratory" mood. Life is rough and going through the normal ups and downs is difficult enough, adding a child with medical needs has been extremely hard. Through it all I am always reassured that having Matt as my partner is what gets me through the hard times. Lord knows how stressful life is for us and marriage itself is not easy. The most important thing we remember when life gives us a curveball is the commitment of love we have made to each other. I love you Matt, thanks for being a wonderful HUSBAND and FATHER.

No comments: