Friday, November 5, 2010

Thanksgiving- My Baby

Another thankful for post today....can't believe I blogged 3 days in a row. Well, I am dedicating my thankfulness for today all to my second born, Addyson. Addyson was a complete surprise, like we were doing all we could do not to get pregnant. Could you imagine our shock when we found out. I came home from work with a test thinking hoping Matt would be asleep because I was embarassed that I would take a test for no reason. Well, Matt was awake and saw the bag so we took the test together. I didn't read the directions well so I took it, waited 2 minutes, and said to Matt, "I'm not pregnant." Then he asked if I read the directions and I said, "oh wait, I am pregnant." It was about 10pm and we were in shock, so much that Matt drove out to the store and got more tests, apparently one positive wasn't enough for us. We were just shocked and worried that Addy would be born with the same genetic disorder as Jackson. We had pretty much already decided we wouldn't have any more children, we just didn't want that 1 in 4 chance of putting another child through what Jackson had/has to go through. I'm so glad that God had other plans for us!

The first 20 weeks of the pregnancy were really scary until the day we got the call about our amniocentesis results that Addy was completely healthy. What a wonderful gift! I think from that point on our worry went away and we were absolutely thrilled to be having a healthy little girl.
Addy was born on December 6, 2008 at 8:19pm weighing in at 8lbs. 2oz. The name Addyson means a blessing and she definitely is a blessing to us. She was so alert when she was born, and instantly we were in love. She's been such a wonderful joy in our lives the last two years. I love Addy's personality I don't know if she is more like mommy or daddy but she is crazy! Addy's personality is just pure love-able. I can't put it any other way. She just loves to live life. She is busy and gets into everything which is annoying at times but I just love to watch her. She dances, sings, talks, plays, acts goofy, and immitates. She is at a really fun age right now!
I love you so much Addy, thank you for making everyday an adventure, you never cease to make me laugh and smile, you warm my heart, you are a very loved little girl!

No comments: