There's not a lot more going on during these summer months but we tend to spend a lot more time outside so therefore our blog gets neglected. I did want to update on a few things that have happened the last few weeks.
Last week I was feeling brave again and took both kids to their well child visits. Unfortunately they both needed two shots so that made it a little tougher for me to manage two screaming children but they actually did pretty well. Addy had to have a CBC and Lead Test for her 18 month check up and everything came back fine. Addy is right on for development and everything else. She is really quite the "average" child and we are so excited about that! She weighed in at 22lbs. and is 31 inches tall. She's still little but the doctor said there's nothing to worry about she is still on the growth chart and staying on the same curve since birth. Addy's favorite thing to do is get dressed and undressed. Every morning she wakes up with her sleeper off and sometimes her diaper so we have to put her in a onesie first so at least the diaper stays on. Sure enough, she wakes up with her sleeper off! She is trying to put clothes on but she doesn' t really get that pants go on the legs and shirts go on your arms so it's funny to watch!
Jackson had his 3 year appointment, WOW! He weighed in at 33lbs. and 34 inches tall. Apparently he is now gaining too much weight so we are done with the pediasure (just kind of weaning him off it, since we still have some left). Jackson's biggest news is his eating. It's like a week ago he decided he was ready to eat regular food! He wants to eat everything we have. He's not into healthy food though so that's a struggle right now but we are just happy he is chewing things like graham crackers, goldfish, bread, mac n cheese, spaghetti, redskin potatoes, and a few things I can't remember. He is also wanting to do all his own feeding which is a huge step too, we are so proud. Honestly I wasn't sure this day would ever come!!!!
Last night we enjoyed our first "family dinner" we all sat at the table and ate spaghetti together, I shed a couple tears being the dorky mom I am, it was just one of those moments I'll remember when my kids are all grown up, I even took a few pictures!
1 comment:
Thats awesome Steph! I am so excited for you that Jackson is starting to eat differnt foods!! Awesome work Jackson!
Post a Comment