If you live in Holland, MI you live in the "2nd Happiest City in the U.S." I'm not gonna lie, my first response was pure shock! I'm not unhappy living here but I mean I am a realist and to me it just didn't make much sense. A friend shared this link with me and watching it just pointed out all the things about Holland that I knew but never really thought much about.
The one part that stood out to me was the volunteer organizations and the generosity of the city. Remember when Jackson had his liver transplant?! Remember how Crazy Horse had a huge fundraiser (from what I have heard it was the BUSIEST fundraiser we ever had there)?! People I didn't even know and people I know and love helped us out in a great time of need. Do you know how many people couldn't eat there that day but knew our story and came in just to give a donation to help. I am guessing those people didn't drive from another city or state to do that on their lunch break!
Congratulations fellow Holland city dwellers!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment