I don't even know what to write now because it's been forever and "catching up" would be too hard. So I am not going to try.
My personal weekend highlight was joining my in-laws (father, sister, mother), my neice and nephew, and Matt's cousin at a Whitecaps Game. I haven't been to a Tigers Game since before I was pregnant with Jackson and we were planning on going to the Cubs vs. Tigers series in June but Matt was unable to get off of work so it was nice to go to some athletic event. I had fun and saw what the future holds bringing a son and daughter to a game when they are ages 12 and 10. I enjoyed a free hot dog and a couple Miller Lites, and a victory for the 'Caps. Could it be any better? It, obviously, doesn't take much to make my day. It was perfect weather too, not too cold not too hot and no rain!
The best thing about going was all the memories I have about the field. I had some great memories going to games as a kid. I remember going to a few games a week sometimes. We always had so much fun. Usually it was my dad, my sister, and a friend. We would pick up subway on the way to the game and we were allowed a treat (mine was always a melting moment) at the game. It was at that park I learned how to keep a score book and we never left before the "Fat Lady Sang". We would do the YMCA and Macarena, and if the mood was right the Chicken Dance. Dizzy bat races were always a favorite as well. Oh, and you can't forget about the 7th inning stretch, always the best part of ANY game! I will never forget going to those games and hopefully some day my kids and I can enjoy doing many of the same things! Oh, and don't think for a moment that just because I am older I now wasn't a participant in the YMCA. I rocked this time just like I always have:) along with my sister in-law!
Alright. I will now do a better job at updating for the handful of people who read this:)
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment