Wednesday, May 18, 2011

2011 5/3 River Bank RUN!!!

Pre-Race, I think I had a bigger smile at the finish line:)


I am officially 2/2 on success of running the 10K River Bank Run! I am also 2/2 on crappy weather. As you can see it was raining pre-race and I believe it rained almost the entire race but the bonus this year was the fact that it wasn't super windy or super cold like it was 2010. My sister had originally planned on coming to watch but she had the flu, Matt had softball, and my parents are on a death defying trip to Moab, Utah, so I called up my sister in law and neice at 9:30 Friday night and asked if they wanted to wake up at 5:30 a.m. and come watch me. My neice does "Girls on the Run" so it was cool she got to go watch such a big race, and maybe see her Aunt run. My only goal was to beat my time from last year (I am super competitive) and I am so proud to say I crushed it, I ran last years in 1:07:30and I ran this years in 1:01:14. I shaved 6 minutes off my time and I was super proud, that's a minute a mile! I am still not fast by any means and I always say God didn't build me for speed he built me to finish. Just goes to show you "fat girls can run". Thanks to everyone who donated money for YFC, I think I will do it again next year and jump on that a little sooner. Of course I now have the running itch and I am signed up for a 5K, Miles for Mission, on Saturday that I am running with my neice. I am also hoping to do a 1/2 Marathon in Holland on September 24. Now that it's out there in public I have to do it!

No comments: