Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tasty Recipes

So I am doing this because I have seen a lot of other bloggers doing this and I always like new and easy recipes so I thought I would share a few that I have made in the last week. I also look for healthy recipes but I guess everything is good as long as you don't eat TOO MUCH of it, right!
Last night I made some baked pork chops. Here's the easy recipe from the CrazyHorse Book.
Ellen's Pork Chops:
6-8 pork chops (I only used 2-for Matt and I)
1 Can Apple Pie filling
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1 Onion
Spread Apple Pie Filling in a 9x13 pan. Place pork chops on top, cover pork chops with 1/2 bbq sauce, place onions on top of chops, cover with the rest of bbq sauce. (I didn't do the onion part because Matt is the pickiest eater in the world and they still tasted great). Bake at 300 for 1 hr. covered, remove cover and bake another 20 minutes. These were tasty and very easy. We served them with some brown rice and veggies! YUM!
This one isn't as easy but it is so good and it makes enought to freeze a few meals so it's well worth it.
Potato Soup:
6 potatoes
4 celery
6 carrots
1 onion
3 c. water
5 T. flour
1 1/2 c. milk
80z. cream cheese (I use lite and it tastes great)
6T. margarine
1 can cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper (to taste)
Cut all vegetables. Put in pan with water. Cook until vegetables are tender. Add margarine, flour, milk, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add soup and cream cheese. Heat until cheese is melted.
Very easy and tasty. We serve it with some bacon and cheese on top:)


Crazy Horse Redskin Mashers-from the CH cookbook
8-10 potatoes peeled and diced
8oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 c. butter melted
1/4 c.chives (optional)
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced (I don't use fresh and it tastes the same)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 to 2 tsp. paprika
In salted water boil potatoes for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain and mash. Whip cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients except the paprika. Whip until all ingredients are well combined. Transfer to a 2 qt. casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika. (They are ready to serve) But if you make them the night before you can put them in the fridge and bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered and then take the cover off and bake an additional 25 minutes.
These are so yummy and once again there are a ton of them so I freeze some and thaw and bake them so I get more meals out of them!
Alright, that's it for now.


These are a couple of the recipes I have made this week. I don't have to cook that often but when I do I like to try new recipes.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for the potato soup recipe!! And the pork chops I am going to do this week. Thanks Steph!