Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Doctor...

I have been lazy with the blog recently. I guess with two babies on the move I rarely have time to update. I usually spend most of my day following them around and breaking up brother/sister fights! I took both kids to the doctor this morning. Addyson had her 9 month check up and Jackson needed a weight check.

Addy did really well. She is such a little flirt and loves everyone! Here are a few stats.

Weight:17lbs. 11oz. (25%)
Height: 26.5 in. (25%)
Head: don't know but 25%
She is very proportionate. I think she is just a petite little thing. She eats a ton but she is on the move ALL the time so I think she burns her calories:) She is doing everything a typical 9month old is and Dr. Locke thinks she will walk well before her 1st Birthday. Addy didn't need any shots this time!

Jackson weighed 25lbs. 15oz. he has put on about 5lbs. this summer and he has gotten 2.5 inches taller. We are so happy about that! Jackson had a little fever once on Thursday night last week and he's been a little stuffed up so I asked Dr. Locke if she could just take a quick listen and look at his ears and throat and low and behold the kids got an ear infection. I NEVER would have known had I not had to take him in. He is such a trooper and I guess in the grand scheme of things an ear infection is rather painless for him. Jackson had to get 3 immunizations, 1 of them being Chicken Pox and we have to make sure to check his body daily for any signs of chicken pox. It's a live vaccine and in a kid like him it could turn into chicken pox in which case we would have a one way ticket to DeVos for a vigorous course of IV meds. Please pray he does not pick up the live virus! We got a perscription for his ear and filled it for FREE at Meijer so we will take him in October for a check. We will also get flu and H1N1 vaccines. We all have to have both vaccines to keep the kids safe! He will have bloodwork done here in the next couple weeks as well. Jackson is now caught up until school starts whenever that will be!

Both kids are good and healthy!

Steph

No comments: